Position: Chief Inspector / Assistant Director of Maintenance
Job Type: Full-Time
Omni Air Transport (OAT) operates and manages a fleet of private charter aircraft. This position will serve as the Assistant Director of Maintenance and Chief Inspector for all operations. Individual would be responsible for safe execution of all maintenance tasks.
Duties shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures compliance of fleet aircraft and maintaining of tracking system (AVTRAK), ensuring capturing of all scheduled and unscheduled items are completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in SMS duties as assigned to his position.
- Maintain monthly reporting to FAA for OAT.
- Perform quality control and assurance of aircraft maintenance activities including overhaul, modification, maintenance and repair of aircraft structures, engines and accessories as well as of maintenance policy, training and logistical systems
- Review and revise all company maintenance manuals to ensure completeness, availability, and accessibility to maintenance personnel
- Provide effective training to internal and external stakeholders on aircraft maintenance policies, procedures and practices in accordance with best practices, applicable CFRs and OAT directives
- Ensure availability of aircraft ground support systems
- Train and qualify mechanics OAT Maintenance Inspectors
- Serves as the Keyholder of OAT CASS Meetings
- Ensures good communication between the Overseeing Agencies for all OAT held certificates.
- Maintain a current and accurate list of all OAT calibrated tooling and ensure that out-of-calibration tooling is removed from service and not used on OAT aircraft.
- Assure all work accomplished by mechanics is completed in accordance with the company’s policies and General Maintenance Manual, Manufacturer’s Maintenance Manuals and current CFRs
- Ensure all company maintenance facilities and equipment are kept clean, organized for efficient maintenance workflow.
- Supporting accuracy of fleet hours and cycles for potential sale of aircraft as required.
Assist DOM with:
- Scheduling, planning and performance of required aircraft maintenance and inspections.
- Directing the maintenance department and service agencies to assure maintenance is performed in an efficient and satisfactory manner and in accordance with OAT manuals and applicable FAA regulations.
- Submittals of both Service Difficulty and Mechanical Interruption Summary Reports required by FAR 135.
- Prioritizing troubleshooting of log items, Deferred Maintenance Items, part ordering, and delegation.
- Reviewing Work Orders for billing.
- Monitoring Maintenance Labor Cost and utilization.
- Performing Maintenance Control Responsibilities during after-hours.
- Other duties as delegated by the Director of Maintenance.
- Possesses a valid Airframe and Powerplant License
- At least 5 years of Part 135 Aircraft Maintenance, including at least 1 year in the capacity of a supervisor role.
- Familiarity with Avtrak system preferred.
- Knowledge of all aspects of aircraft maintenance.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Great organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task various projects at a time and complete in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Learjet experience strongly preferred.
- Flexibility in scheduling due to after-hours on-call responsibilities
- Must be a cooperative member of the team and able to get along with others.
- Must be loyal, reliable and dependable.
- Must possess excellent organizational and computer skills
- Must be at least 18 years old and a high school graduate
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Ability to easily adapt to change and new technology
- Must be goal-oriented, have exceptional attention to detail, and work well independently and with a team.
- Must be able to pass a ten-year Background/Criminal/OMV/Drug Screen
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume to: OATcareers@flyomni.com
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F/DISABILITY/VETERAN